Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Humane - the horrible way!

I just stumbled upon another documentary, similar to "Food Inc.". It's called "Earthlings". It depicts how companies use animals for profit only. I couldn't yet watch it, maybe tonight is not my best night for such a 'treat", but maybe some of you reading this article will have the guts to watch it.
I ask myself: How much time will have to pass before cruelty is gone? I understand that demand for meat is huge, and rising, but isn't there another way to slaughter animals? Or at least to treat them with more respect, since we live due to the food they provide us with... I think of how American Indians and African Indigenous tribesmen treat the animals they kill: they pray for it, they thank it, because they can live another day due to their meat. And they kill it quickly, in a decent way. If those people, who have very strong spiritual beliefs, and an understanding of the world far better than ours can do so, why can't we? Why must we ignore what's happening? Animals are innocent. They give us their life, we might as well give them some respect.
I am part of the young generation. I can change things. But not alone. To be "humane" is no longer a quality. Why has it become this way? Why do we tolerate people who slaughter animals, who despise all forms of life, only thinking about money? Think about the fact that it's not only these animals who suffer.. It's also wild animals. Think about what's happening to dolphins or whales. It's pure evil. We mustn't accept such atrocities. People who do such things to animals, don't care for humans as well. Just think on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment